How package design attracts today's wine consumer

02 October 2017

According to Nielsen’s Beverage Alcohol Category Shopping Fundamentals study, only 29% of consumers know which brand they intend to buy before they enter a store. So what can wine manufacturers take to stand out to the remaining 71% and land in consumers’ baskets?
In studying more than 90 client package redesign initiatives, Nielsen uncovered an interesting finding: As the number of designs evaluated increases, so too does the performance on key packaging metrics, including consumer preference and the ability to stand-out. The unfortunate reality, however, is that most brands evaluate 3 or fewer design directions, while only 15% explore more than 4 options (News Item Nielsen, 31 August 2017).
Click here for the news item.

This news item is also included in our monthly overview, the NVC Members-only Update. If you have any questions, please contact us:, +31-(0)182-512411.