The 13th annual plenary meeting of the NVC international working group on Pharmaceutical Packaging Innovation
Friday 16 June 2023, from 11 AM to 5.30 PM CEST
The NVC working group Pharmaceutical Packaging Innovation will hold its 13th annual meeting on Friday 16 June 2023. Participation is for NVC member companies or on invitation. Look here for information about the NVC innovation project.
You can participate from any location worldwide and there are a limited number of seats available for physical participation in the Pivot Park Oss. You can register to participate here or contact the NVC association office at firstname.lastname@example.org phone +31-(0)182-512411.
11.00-12.30 STUDY VISIT TO THE BRAND-NEW FACILITIES OF CCL LABEL (PHYSICAL ONLY) 
Physical visitor address: Hoogheuvelstraat 104, 5349 BA Oss (The Netherlands)
● Introduction on the importance and complexities of labeling for the pharma industry
● Tour through the spectacular, brand-new CCL Label facilities (no photographing allowed)
● Wrap-up and departure from CCL Label site to Pharma Pivot Park Oss (10 minutes drive)
13.00-14.00 INFORMAL GET-TOGETHER-LUNCH AT PHARMA PIVOT PARK OSS
Physical visitor address: Panoramazaal of Building RK Kloosterstraat 9, 5349 AB, Oss (The Netherlands)
14.00 START OF THE 13th PLENARY ANNUAL MEETING (LIVE HYBRID)
Live Hybrid enabling 100% interactive participation both physical on-site and online from any location worldwide
● Welcome and introduction by Michael Nieuwesteeg (NVC)
● 100 Years of pharma innovation in Oss (1923-2023): history, Pivot Park and future
● Action points resulting from the 12th annual plenary IWG meeting (24 June 2022)
● NVC Pharma Review 2022-2023 (scientific publications, regulations, developments in packaging)
14.30 PHARMACEUTICAL PACKAGING AND THE ENVIRONMENT
● Towards the end of pharmaceutical packaging as an environmental issue, by Sriman Banerjee (Takeda) and Erik Smeels (Amgen) as given at the PUMA World Conference 3 May 2023 (recorded)
● The future of packaging recycling in Europe and beyond, with special focus on pharmaceutical and medical device packaging, by Serra Anker (NVC)
● Joint debate: which primary packaging materials and which other packaging-related materials need better environmental design? All.
15.45 SHARING INFORMATION FOR SUPPLY CHAIN, SECURITY, THERAPY and ENVIRONMENT
● Must-read publication preparing for this meeting: Impact of patient-centered prescription medication labels on adherence in community pharmacy, by Henry N. Young (associate professor University of Georgia College of Pharmacy) and Farah S. Pathan (Healthcare Consultant, Boston Strategic Partners)
● Information technology, therapy and responsible disposal of emptied medicine packs: the Entropak Healthy Project, by Michael Nieuwesteeg (NVC)
● On-pack mandatory and voluntary information: What can pharma packaging learn from food packaging and vice versa? by Maélia Boisdur, ENSAIA
● Panel debate co-moderated by prof. Karel van der Waarde (graphic design research) : where and how could on-pack information sharing help in providing better health care at lower cost? All.
17.00 CONCLUDING PLENARY DEBATE and ACTION POINTS for the coming year
17.30 CONCLUSION (with after-party for those attending physically at the Pharma Pivot Park Oss)
All relevant information for joining is sent to you after your individual registration here and/or by Irma Walstra and Rasha Alshaar via email@example.com and telephone +31-182-512411.
 Access to all NVC member companies and on invitation or after consultation, consultation may also be required in case of director competitor visit