The 1st PUMA World Conference
3 May 2023 Sheraton Düsseldorf Airport Hotel
This unique Live Hybrid conference brings the PUMA world packaging business community together on the day before the interpack 2023 in Düsseldorf (Germany) to make a joint next step towards the end of packaging as an environmental issue worldwide. The conference is not-for-profit and non-sponsored, with the same entrance fee for each participant (€450 when physically present, €225 when participating purely live online). The meeting is for NVC members or by invitation.
The programme is foreseen as given below. Whereas we are actively approaching speakers for the subjects proposed, your input is highly appreciated and might result in adaptions to the programme as well. Contact Michael Nieuwesteeg for this.
10.00-10.30 Welcome and Introduction
- Welcome and introduction by the co-chairs
- The PUMA Project since 2016
- Introduction of the PUMA MANIFESTO German edition
10.30 Keynotes: Opportunities in Packaging Materials, Information and Legislation
- Overview of materials innovations in the environmental domain for packaging
- Insights in information management for tracing and tracking of packaged products and packs
- Role of legislation and regulations in addressing and solving (environmental) societal issues
12.00-13.00 BIO (LUNCH) BREAK
13.00-14.30 INTERACTIVE WORKING SESSION A. Pack/filled product industry sectors
- The end of packaging as an environmental issue in food & beverages
- The end of packaging as an environmental issue in pharma
- The end of packaging as an environmental issue in cosmetics
13.00-14.30 INTERACTIVE WORKING SESSION B. Frontend materials and converting
- The end of packaging as an environmental issue in plastic as packaging material
- The end of packaging as an environmental issue in paper and board as packaging material
- The end of packaging as an environmental issue in print for packaging
13.00-14.30 INTERACTIVE WORKING SESSION C. Collect-Control, Sorting and Backend materials
- The Collecting and Backend-processing of emptied plastic packs now and in the future
- The Collecting and Backend-processing of emptied paper and board packs now and in the future
- The global infrastructure of Collecting and Backend-processing of emptied packs now and in the future
14.30-15.00 BIO (TEA) BREAK
15.00-16.00 SUMMARY AND INSIGHTS GAINED FROM THE WORKING SESSIONS
●Working session A.
●Working session B.
●Working session C.
16.00-16.30 CONCLUDING PLENARY DEBATE
16.30-18.00 AFTERPARTY AT THE ROOFTOP TERRACE
View the trailer here.