NVC Chair Packaging Design and Management
The NVC Chair Packaging Design and Management was established on 1 May 2006 at the Faculty of Engineering Technology of the University of Twente. By establishing this university chair the NVC has created a unique meeting place both for people involved in higher education and in industry, in the field of packaging. Every year interesting graduation projects are done in close collaboration with the scientific staff and the NVC association office. The chair is held by professor Roland ten Klooster.
In order to create optimal information exchange and future focused cooperation, the NVC has established a Programme Council, existing of a number of carefully selected NVC member companies: Container Centralen Benelux BV, Schoeller Allibert, Tata Steel Packaging, Trivium Packaging, FrieslandCampina, Smurfit Kappa Development Centre, Miller Graphics Group, Brohl Wellpappe GmbH & CO KG, Siegwerk Druckfarben AG & Co. KGaA, Clondalkin Flexible Packaging, Koninklijke Paardekoper Group and CHEP Europe. Twice a year the Programme Council meets, facilitated by the NVC, with the professor and his staff to discuss the results and plans for the future.
The NVC also maintains a close relationship with S.G. Daedalus, the study association of Industrial Design at the University of Twente to stimulate good contacts between business and students as well. We regularly supply articles about packaging for the association's publication InDepth and help them to select companies to visit on their foreign study trips.
About the NVC Chair Packaging Design and Management:
- Established in 2006 and providing excellent results (graduation projects, research areas)
- Programme Council, facilitated by the NVC association office, supports professor and assists future development
- Elective courses in the education programme of the University of Twente: Packaging Design and Management I & II
- (Opportunities for running) research projects in the field of packaging
- (Opportunities for doing) Bachelor and Master assignments in the field of packaging
For more information, please contact the NVC office.