Network for sustainable Packaging (concluded)
The Network for Sustainable Packaging was active from June 2010 until October 2013. The goal of this network was to support and stimulate companies in sustainable innovation in packaging. With Sustainable Packaging we mean integrating environmental aspects in the design of a packaged product. It improves the quality perception of products, leads to cost savings, aids to conform to legislation and has environmental benefits.
In the network there are i.e. retailers, product manufacturers, suppliers of packaging, machinery and raw materials, and designers. Through topical meetings we explored the opportunities for sustainable packaging in different market segments. Participants shared their knowledge and experience during the meetings. This process continues in the LinkedIn Group Duurzaam Verpakken.
On Wednesday 16 October 2013 we finished the work on the Network for Sustainable Packaging by publishing the book 'Duurzaam Verpakken, verpakken voor de circulaire economie'. This book (in Dutch) can be viewed online or downloaded as PDF. One of the recommendations from the book is using the worldwide ISO standards for packaging and the environment. If you would like to know what the content of these standards is and how you can use them, you can attend the NVC Webinar The new ISO world standards on packaging and environment.
Related to the Network for Sustainable Packaging:
- NVC MERGE: always up-to-date with the environmental requirements for your packaging
- NVC Position Paper NVC stimulates use of world standards on packaging and environment
- Learn about sustainable innovation in the NVC Workshop Sustainable Innovation in Packaging (also available as e-workshop)
- NVC members receive help with questions about Sustainable Packaging
- Join the discussion in the LinkedIn Group Duurzaam Verpakken
The network was coordinated by the NVC and executed together with Partners for Innovation and Agentschap NL. For more information, please contact Ger Standhardt +31-(0)182-512411.