Informal networking meeting NVC International Working Group Pharmaceutical Packaging Innovation
The next informal network meeting with the NVC International Working Group Pharmaceutical Packaging Innovation will take place in Amsterdam on 6 June 2019. This is an ideal opportunity to network with others about the packaging of medicines and medical devices. Participation in this meeting is free for NVC members, but for the dinner a fee of €35 is requested. Non-members pay €125 to participate in the meeting.
14:30 Introduction: the importance of packaging innovation in healthcare
Michael Nieuwesteeg, NVC Netherlands Packaging Centre
- Population trends in the Netherlands, Europe and worldwide
- The absent doctor, the pack in the bedside cabinet...
- Sustainable ageing and how packaging helps to achieve this
15:00 Sustainability and folding carton: the PEFC method
Marten de Groot and Peter Karre, PEFC
- Sustainability, how to define that?
- Sustainability aspects of folding carton as packaging material
- PEFC rules and methods
15:30 Short break
16.00 Overview of packaging innovations in medicines and medical devices in 2018
Interactive debate with a basic overview of key innovations in 2018 as a starting point and analysis of the situation:
- Applied materials, including sensors, RFID tags and other intelligence
- Medical functionality, ease of use for the patient
- Costs and benefits for patient, healthcare provider and industry
18:00 Informal joint dinner